Description & responsibilities•
M3 is a leading Midlands marketing agency with main offices in Albrighton and central Birmingham. We are known for delivering innovative and impactful creative work to our diverse range of clients. We are passionate about helping brands establish their presence, engage their target audiences, and drive business growth. As we continue to expand our creative team, we are seeking a talented Midweight Creative Designer to join us in crafting compelling visuals and designing captivating campaigns that make a lasting impact.
Reporting to the Group Creative Director, you will bring a passion for design and experience across both print and digital. You’ll be a highly motivated designer committed to creating inspiring work. You’ll need the ability to mix creative flair with commercial awareness and the experience of remaining composed when things get busy. We want an exciting new team player to join our business and wow our clients.
If this sounds like you, read on…
As a multi-disciplined Midweight Designer, your primary role is to respond to creative briefs, creating quality designs, delivering work with exceptional design and craft skills and a good knowledge of artworking for print (brochure layout, press ads, OOH). Working in collaboration with the wider creative team, you will be responsible for ensuring our creative work and service meets the needs and expectations of our clients.
You will have a strong and varied portfolio showcasing skills as a creative across print, digital, and social (motion graphics or video editing experience would be an advantage). You will have an excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign/photoshop/illustrator/XD). Experience in After Effects and basic knowledge of Premiere is advantageous but not essential. Training opportunities will be available. Basic to intermediate illustration skills are also a bonus as we sometimes need to scamp.
Our ongoing goal is to raise the bar on our output and add real value to our creative offer. We want you to make a true and meaningful impact to the work we do.
Skills & experience•
- Proven experience (3+ years) as a creative designer within a fast paced marketing agency or similar environment.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a wide range of creative designs across various marketing channels and industries.
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills (Indesign/Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Video editing skills an advantage (Adobe After Effects & Premiere)
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or a related field
- Solid understanding of design principles, typography, colour theory, and composition
- Knowledge of current digital marketing trends, including social media platforms, user experience (UX), and responsive design
- Artwork skills and experience of design for print specifications
- Proven track record of working to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently
- Creation of designs for a range of marketing assets, including press ads, social and digital banners, websites, POS & brochures
- Transform scamped layouts into final designs and artwork
- Work across a varied client sectors, from Automotive to Leisure & B2B
- Keep up to date on software, technical knowledge and design trends
- Manage and execute multiple projects at once, efficiently meeting deadlines
Benefits of working at M3•
- 25 days’ holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- Competitive salary & development plan
- Great working environment
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Part of a close knit hard working team
- 50 days’ work from home allowance
We operate a relaxed yet energetic agency culture. We work hard, but have fun doing what we do, so a sense of humour is a must. We can discuss location preference between our Albrighton and Birmingham offices working with the Creative Studio and Client Services teams.
If you’re ambitious about your career and are looking to work with a team that feels the same way, M3.agency could be the place.